Themed Feature Journey
Greek Legacy in Asia Minor
(May 7 -May 11)
Origin: Meeting point Kusadasi 9:30 a.m May 7
Conclusion: Istambul airport 10:00 p.m May 11
Description of the excursion “Greek Legacy in Asia Minor”, a guided tour of the most significant places in the Asia Minor of antiquity.
- Journey to the 7 ancient churches of the Apocalypse of John found amongst the ruins of 7 ancient Greek cities of Asia Minor: (Ephesus, Laodicea, Philadelphia, Sardis, Smyrna, Thyatira, Pergamum).
- Meeting at 9:30 near the Port of Kusadasi at the mouth of the Silk Road. The tour begins at this starting point by bus with an English speaking guide translations are available in Greek and Spanish.
In addition it includes:
- A visit to Pamukkale with its famous White Rocks, its stalactites resembling a castle of cotton, superb natural beauty, at the foot of the famed ancient city of Hierapolis.
- In Assos, on the historically significant coast of antiquity alongside the Dardanelles, we will visit the ancient Greek ruins of the city, the remains of temples and buildings.
- In Troy, the once upon a time cosmopolitan pinnacle of culture fortunately preserved and transferred to us through Homer’s Epic Poem the Iliad, which outlived the magnificent city and survived thousands of years to the present day
- To learn about the achievements and adventures of her heroes. We will see the places where the Trojan war took place,
- Imagine the Trojan Horse, and the heel of Achilles Reliving the glory before our hero was struck at his vulnerable spot losing his life to the true flight of a Trojan arrow.
- Finally we will reach Constantinople, where the West blends in with the East, a visit to the famous Hagia Sophia, a glorious symbol of the Byzantine capital at its peak.
- After Visiting the Topkapi Palace Museum – once the site of the Byzantine Acropolis we will board a Bosporus cruise to enjoy the view of the European and Asian banks of the waterbound city
- Finally we will end our four day tour with dinner at a local Turkish Bistro before being transferred at 22:00 to the airport in Istambul.
4 * & 5 * hotel accommodation With Breakfast and dinner included as well as day travelling snacks
Tour Cost- 1590 Euro
PACKING LIST figure for 5 days but pack light
- Lightweight hiking shoes or sneakers
- sport sandals or Rock shoes
- socks and underwear
- wide brimmed sun hat or ball cap
- sport bandana to protect the back of your neck and face
- bathing suits
- off water clothing
- sunscreen lip balm with SPF protection
- sunglasses with lanyard
- any personal medications
- preferred snacks